Saturday, October 07, 2006

I know I'll be back at Echo Beach some day


Ah, here in the skylarkian hometown, it is quite early in the morning. Well, really not especially early, but it feels it today...perhaps because I got caught up playing Halo2 last night, and then reading Stuart McLean and seeing the sisters skylark. Also, it is -2 degrees centigrade out. Enter the fall, with a vengeance.

The return to the HSWSNBN has been, by and large, a good one. The fall sees some returning faces--some of which I never thought I'd see again--but somehow, after all this time, it is actually good to see them.

When I wasn't looking...do you ever have the feeling that you aren't quite who you think you are? (Or, in this case, thought you would be?) Not that I am dissatisfied with my life at the moment, and for the most part I like the person that I am. I guess that this is just not the person that I thought I would be when I was almost 25.

1 comment:

Straittohell said...

Hmmmm... When I was 18, I thought that by now, I would be a single teacher living somewhere in the northern reaches of Ontario. I'm now 28, married with a new baby, and a mid-level government quasi- management type.

I totally get what you're saying.

What did you figure on happening by the time you were 25? 30, even?