Wednesday, January 17, 2007

iPod game

My MP3 player's name is actually Marigold. She's a SanDisk Sansa 4 Gb player and rocks my socks off.

Ok, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool..

Waking Up: Lay All Your Love On Me - ABBA
First Day at School: Now and Forever - Carole King
Falling In Love: El Condor Pasa (If I Could) - Simon and Garfunkel
Fight Song: Whispers and Moans - Crowded House
Breaking Up: America - Simon and Garfunkel
Prom: We've Gotta Get Out of Here - the Animals
Life: Volcano - Damien Rice
Mental Breakdown: The Old Apartment - Barenaked Ladies
Driving: Wandering Star - Portishead
Flashback: Oh What a Night - the Four Seasons
Wedding: Song for a Winter's Night - Gordon Lightfoot
Birth of Child: I Have A Dream - ABBA
Final Battle: Sleepy Maggie - Ashley MacIsaac
Death Scene: Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Funeral Song: On Peak Hill - Stars **the lyrics to this are fucking eery for a funeral song**
End Credit: Left and Leaving - the Weakerthans

I really, really love Marigold. She is about 3/4 full right now, and she's made me realize how much I missed having music as part of my life. I threw out my broken stereo when I left Guelph and it's really never been the same. I think I need to go to more concerts this year - I'm starting to feel the itch.

Children of Men is awesome!

2 comments:

CastorRouge said...

Feeling the shame a little… I think I could post this anonymously and it would still be clear whose ipod this would be overall.

Waking Up: Family Portrait - P!nk
First Day at School: L’Arena – Ennio Morricone (Kill Bill Soundtrack)
Falling In Love: I’m Afraid of Britney Spears - LiveonRelease
Fight Song: Knocking On Heaven’s Door – Guns N’ Roses
Breaking Up: Winston Churchill’s Iron Curtain Speech
Prom: Das Ist Berlin – Marlene Dietrich
Life: Zero – Smashing Pumpkins
Mental Breakdown: Escape – Enrique Iglesias
Driving: John F. Kennedy/Richard M. Nixon Presidential Debate
Flashback: Devil In The Kitchen – Ashley MacIsaac
Wedding: Aria Da Capo – Glenn Gould
Birth of Child: Soviet Naval Hymn – Red Army Choir
Final Battle: Walking in Memphis – Marc Cohn
Death Scene: These Eyes - Guess Who
Funeral Song: Wake Me Up When September Ends – Green Day
End Credit: It’s My Life – Bon Jovi

The Soviet Naval Hymn is perhaps the most auspicious song you could ever play to herald a child’s birth. That kid would have to accomplish great things with an intro like that.

CastorRouge said...

Sorry for the double post, it just struck me how apt the "Iron Curtain" speech would be for a break up. Creepy.