Saturday, September 05, 2009

Joss is...


Girl Tuesday and I have spent the summer knitting while watching our way through Firefly, and we capped that off tonight by watching both Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog and Serenity.

The first time I saw Serenity, I hadn't watched the show at all, and came into it as one of those things that everybody kept raving about and that I was supposed to like. Every once in a while, though, there is a reason why you're supposed to like those things. I remember really enjoying Serenity when I saw it, and once I watched Firefly, I greatly enjoyed it. Seeing the movie now is such a different experience: I know the characters so much better, and that knowing makes the movie more uneven, somehow. It just wasn't as good as I remembered it being.

And also, Book dies, and that ticks me off.

1 comment:

Straittohell said...

I'm glad that he killed off a few people. Whedon opted to remove the sugar coating that normally sticks to the mainstream sci-fi genre. Why ticked about Book in particular?

I can somewhat understand, though, how the movie feels a bit less fantastic after watching the series - But I still liked it.