Saturday, October 19, 2002

Essay Topic #1:
You are John Dryden transplanted into our century. Write 15-20 heroic couplets deploring contemporary cultural productions, plus a short essay contrasting the prevailing cultural media of the eighteenth and twenty-first centuries.


Guess what's due next Wednesday. Guess what I haven't started yet. I was originally going to write a parody of Samuel Pepys' diary in blog format about the plague of information that is the internet (actually, I'm still considering this) but I don't know if I can pull this off. It's only 800 words, though, which is odd for a third year paper, and the sort of thing I ought to be able to sneeze out in a couple of hours.

It's odd to think that I could apply to graduate this year, and be finished all together with all my post-secondary stuff. I have no idea what I could do with that--what good would a regular BA in English Studies be?--and so I think I'll stick it out here for a few more years.

No comments: