Wednesday, August 24, 2005

a note


Why, yes, it is 6:20 in the morning. I love my life.

I'm actually jetting off to Prince Edward Island today for a brief adventure before school starts up for me on the 30th. Prince Edward Island is a lovely place: it is the birthplace of Canada's confederation, despite not actually joining the union itself for another few years (1870, if I remember correctly).

It is also the home of Anne of Green Gables, and most of Lucy Maud Montgomery's other charming, plucky heroines. The whole island is Anne-crazy (ie, you can buy Anne of Green Gables chips) and it is amazing to see how the stories become not only commodified but also sustainable industry.

Anyhow, if you want a postcard (specify Anne or non-Anne), just send a note on my way with your address.

No comments: