Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Q From Bond, Not Star Trek

We are riding out the heat wave here in NBRC, though I don't think it's as bad as it could be. (Currently it's about 25, headed up to 30.) It is much warmer to the south. I am so happy not to be in Toronto right now, and very thankful that my lungs and respiratory system are healthy.


photo 162
I have finished the first of the kilt socks. I've been reliably told that the single of kilt hose is "kilt ho" so I shall endeavour to refer to it as such. I can't wait to have both done. I want to knit other things very badly, but I know that if I let myself become distracted by other, more exciting knits, I will suffer from a truly epic case of second sock syndrome. It will not be good.

Which is too bad, because I've got my eye on Evelyn Clark's Shetland Triangle shawl for my mum, done in a lovely wool/mohair blend from Wellington Fibres. I've also got a scarf to test knit (my first knit in Kidsilk Haze and my first beaded lace, how exciting), to say nothing of poor mum's Rogue...which may end up being this year's Christmas gift as well as last's.

No comments: