Thursday, January 06, 2005

someone might be interested...


Here's the synopsis for my second theory module at school:
Reading Readers Reading
For contemporary scholars in cultural, performance and media studies, as well as literary critics who follow reader-oriented theory, the meanings of a text do not inhere in the text itself but emerge in the set of responses making up the process of decoding. In this sense, meaning is a process of discovery, a result of inquiry, and reading is a journey, an act of critical investigation. To study such critical investigations requires new methods in qualitative research as it applies to performance, media, and texts--broadly defined. This session surveys theories of reception and response as providing the theoretical framework for applying qualitative methods in graduate research.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm bloody ENVIOUS! Can I live vicariously through you, can I? Can I?

//Ms Bookish