Wednesday, January 12, 2005

team history nerd squad


For all my fellow Canadian history buffs (all, er, two of you), you absolutely must check out the sheer, unadulterated genius of Canadian Legends. And before you ask--it isn't a joke, I've actually seen the Sir John A. figures at the bookstore here on campus.* I want a Mackenzie King, please!

I would also like to point out that I did a similar thing for my final project for my first year history course back in the day, which prompted my history prof to push me for grad school (in history).

*but really, how accurate can a Sir John A. figure be without a fifth of whiskey as one of his accessories?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I was wondering where the half empty liquer bottles were too. This country was built by John A. on a healthy mix of booze and patronage after all.
2. Think W.L.M.K. will come with a crystal ball and his dog as accessories?
3. If they make a Margaret Atwood figure do you think she'll be edible?
4. I'm with you on Brebeuf! I think we can get Charlotte Gray to help out our lobby on this front (I'll explain later).

I would have replied to your email but hotmail is giving me grief right now (at the moment I can't even get on it with my own computer).

Dude, I'm so getting a Dell...

- R.

Ginny said...

I want a George Brown doll...

... how come I can only find the John-A-Mac one on the website? wouldn't they want to show what other great historical figures they have? Meh...

Straittohell said...

I want a dief-the-chief doll, complete with detachable jowels.

fineskylark said...

Dief, eh?

Diefenbunker sold separately.

Anonymous said...

you are weird