Sunday, April 25, 2004

baby, it's cold outside


In some of the best. news. ever. I am bound to report that I received emails today telling me that my application for the SSHRC (Social Sciences and Humanities REsearch Council) has been accepted, which means that grad school will now be a reality as opposed to a pipe dream of some kind--they're giving me $17 500 for school next year.

I was really afraid that I wouldn't get it, and I am grateful to everyone who had faith in me.

In other news, I am home now, and starting work back at the Historic Site Which Shall NOt Be Named tomorrow. Woot for that. Figures, too, that just as I find out that I will be okay financially next year, the parent company posts an opening for a position that I would have applied for had I not got into g-school.

It is good to be home, and also to be not puking anymore...it was a rough weekend.

No comments: