Thursday, April 29, 2004

working girl


Man, every year I forget how much the start up period at work takes out of me. The first two weeks are just brutal...and today every thing hurts. I moved wood for a pretty good chunk of the day (which is a good arm toner, I guess) and I can really feel how out of shape I am. Definitely need to put in some Pilates time tonight, I think.

I got my acceptance package from Guelph, finally, and they've decided to stump up some financial assistance for me. So, if I go there I will have a two-term TA or RA position, and possibly some other internal awards. It's funny that as soon as I have a source of income (the SSHRC) that suddenly the university has to offer me more income to go there...I understand that a lot of it has to do with funding and prestige and such, but I still thinks it's crazy. I am really excited about the job, though, and I really hope that it will be a teaching assistantship, because I think that would be a pretty incredible experience. (To say nothing of the fact that if I do my PhD, it will go a long way towards helping me to get into that.)

I'm back up to North Bay tomorrow to move out. Wish me luck!

No comments: